Kingdom Credit Union Phone Number: 01592 714888
All credit unions are governed by a Board of Directors, elected by and from its membership. Credit unions are made up of people with a common bond, something that draws them together – where they live, where they work, etc. Kingdom Credit Union serves everyone who lives or works in Fife.
When you join a credit union, you open a share account (savings). It is called a share account because you become a part owner of the credit union upon joining.
Since credit unions are not-for-profit organisations, any money made above the cost of operations is returned to the members in the form of dividend.
What’s so different about Credit Unions?
Everyone seems to be after your money these days. Newspapers are full of adverts offering savings schemes or loans, so what makes a credit union different?
· An easy way to save.
· An affordable way to borrow.
· Life insurance on savings and loans at no extra cost.
· Profits returned to members in the form of an annual dividend.
· Money stays in the community – no fat cat bonuses.
· Regulated and insured so you know that your money is safe – Kingdom Credit Union is covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (see below). We are authorised by the Prudential REgulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (Firm Reference Number 231896).
· Part of a worldwide movement promoting thrift, financial independence and co-operation.
· Savings schemes for young people too with Kingdom Credit Union aiming to pay 4% dividend on junior accounts.
Main Street, Methilhill