Flin Flon Credit Union Phone Number: 204 687 6620
The Flin Flon Credit Union (originally called the Alpha Credit Union Society Limited) was incorporated on January 10th, 1940 with offices operating out of a private home in Flin Flon.
In 1949 the Alpha CU moved its offices to the North of 53 Co-Op Building.
On February 26, 1959 the name of the CU was changed to the Flin Flon Credit Union Society Limited.
In 1960, construction began on the current Credit Union Building at 36 Main Street in Flin Flon with operations commencing in the building in January of 1961.
In March 31st, 2007 with assets of $21,470,395 the Flin Flon Credit Union paid it’s first patronage payment under the new Member Equity Plan and returned $105,713 back to it’s membership.
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors are elected from the general membership at the Annual General Meeting. Each director must complete extensive training and education to ensure the proper knowledge to help guide a million dollar financial institution, including acheiving their Level A,B,C Credit Union Director Training from CUSource within their first term.
Board members must also committ to attend monthly regular Board meetings and any additional committee meetings as required to meet requirements under the Sound Standards of Business Practice provided by the Deposit Guarantee Corporation of Manitoba. They must also be available for review and examination by DGCM as required.
36 Main Street
Flin Flon, Manitoba