THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS
First, what is Identity Theft? — it is when someone uses another’s personally identifying information, like their name, or credit card number, without their permission, to commit fraud or other crimes.
The identity theft can be used to fund or facilitate any crimes like espionage, phishing, illegal immigration and terrorism.
Types of Identity Theft | What is Identity Theft
- Child Identity Theft
- Medical Identity Theft
- Identity Cloning
- Financial Identity Theft
- Criminal Identity Theft
It is tough to safeguard one’s information online or offline. But there are some ways through which you can protect your privacy at all times.
Identity Force is considered one of the top identity theft protection services found anywhere in the US. It uses an analytics engine to constantly search for information online that may potentially be at risk of being stolen.
How To Protect Yourself From Identity Theft
- Beware of Scams or Fraudulent Mails: You should be on the defensive regarding your private information. You should never provide any personal detail to the telemarketers nor do you reply to emails that claim to represent your credit card issuer and the bank.
- Secure Your Mail: You need to empty your mailbox quickly. Also, you should lock it or get a post office box so that the criminals do not get the chance to steal the credit card pitches. Never submit your checks or outgoing bill payments through a mail from your house, as they can get stolen.
- Do Not Leave a Paper Trail: You should not leave behind a credit card, gas station or the ATM receipts at all.
- Protect your Social Security Number: It is wise not to carry such card with you that contain your number like the health insurance card. You should never put your number on the rear side of the checks as it is the primary target for the impostors and may give them access to your bank account or credit card report.
- Monitor your Credit Card Report: You should obtain and review your credit card report in detail to track any suspicious activity. You can request for it through www.annualcreditreport.com or by contacting the representative at 877-322-8228 number. If you find something wrong, kindly alert the creditor or the credit card company quickly.
- Carefully Review Your Credit Card Statements: You need to ensure about the respective purchases, merchants and locations before making the payment of the bill.
Identity Guard | Identity Protection Tool
They have recently upgraded to “Near Real-Time Alerts” For instance, if someone views your TransUnion credit report in an attempt to open an account in your name, you’ll get an alert right away instead of waiting up to 2 or 3 days for batch processing.
Identity Guard Essentials costs $8.99 per/mon comes with a free 30-day trial when you use our link
Identity Guard is a Good Service for identity theft protection as well in comparison to Identity Force. However, Identity Guard used to not set alerts toward fraud with the credit bureaus.
Also, Identity Guard Essentials costs $8.99 a month until you cancel and comes with a free 30-day trial when you use our link.
Identity Force | Identity Protection Tool
Finally, seeing that terrorism and criminal activities are on the rise, it is always best to secure and protect yourself from the identity theft. Keep your ears and eyes open whenever you are dealing with people or the firms. Better be safe than sorry.